At YourMechanic, we have a vision that car repair should be as easy as buying a book on Amazon. We believe that life is too short to spend time in the waiting room of an auto shop. We believe that people deserve a car repair experience that is hassle-free and totally transparent. At YourMechanic, we are making this happen. With a few clicks on our app or website, a top-rated mechanic comes to your home or office to fix your car. Welcome to Car Repair 2.0!
YourMechanic is looking for Director of Strategy and City Operations to lead our city performance, services and pricing strategies. In this role, you analyze the market positioning of hundreds of services currently offered at YourMechanic, in view of the competitive landscape. You provide strategies to improve the services we offer and the related pricing, which has a direct impact on the growth of the business.
- Own the conversion rate improvement of various services in each city.
- Conduct detailed analysis of the services we offer and the related pricing. Know everything about the competitive landscape.
- Develop strategies to improve the current service offerings and come up with new service offerings.
- Develop strategies to improve profit margin, which encompasses working with product team to improve margin and working with vendors to obtain better pricing.
- Analyze logistics questions involved in the business, such as offering faster services to customers.
- Forecast demand for various services / time / cities.
- 2-5 or more years of experience in a role requiring strong analytic and strategic thinking abilities, such as in management consulting / investment banking / law firm.
- Quantitative mindset, habit of using data to drive decisions, in combination with making sound business judgment.
- Excellent attention to details.
- You do not need to know about car repairs or have auto industry experience.
- MBA, or PhD in a statistical or quantitative field from a top academic institution, is a plus.
- Wicked smart: No challenge is too complex, no issue is too hard, and “no” is not an acceptable answer.
- Data-driven: You're extremely analytical and live in data. At the same time, you're confident enough to make decisions when the data is limited.
- Super organized: You balance a packed schedule, an endless to-do list, can manage a large team, and never let anything drop ... all with a smile.
- Tenacious: You’re a hustler at heart, are multitalented, and thrive under pressure. Simply put, you have a get-it-done attitude.
YourMechanic is backed by investors like Andreessen Horowitz & Softbank. We are focused on building the best car repair experience. The days of dropping your car to a shop, getting a ride back, picking it up and being oversold has come to an end. With a few clicks, people can get a totally transparent and fixed price and have a mechanic come to them to service their cars. Your work will redefine a massive industry ($150B a year), which is begging for disruption. You will empower thousands of mechanics to live a better life. We’re growing fast and offering the opportunity to build something that really matters and leave a legacy.