Almost everyone has had a bad experience at an auto shop.
Imagine if you never had to deal with an auto shop again. Imagine if your vehicle were meticulously maintained for optimal performance, and if you ever had a car problem or needed a scheduled service, a highly trained mechanic came to your home or office to do the job.
YourMechanic is making that happen. We remove the hassle and frustration of car repair by sending expert mobile mechanics to your location. We’re making car repair less expensive, exceptionally convenient, and completely transparent.
YourMechanic is expanding nationwide and we are looking for a Director of Customer Service. This role will be responsible for defining the overall YourMechanic customer service vision, support strategy, and execution model with the team. The ideal candidate is comfortable with the realities of working for a startup and committed to doing whatever it takes to ensure its success.
- Defining, owning, and executing strategy and tactics with the clear goal of providing an outstanding service experience for our customers.
- Developing procedures and policies to ensure all support needs are met and optimal service is provided.
- Providing clear directions, training, motivation, and behavioral coaching to the team while leading by example.
- Resolving customer requests and issues such as billing disputes, parts or warranty fulfillment, and directly interfacing with customers when necessary.
- Monitoring the performance and call handling skills of team members including the administrative management of the VOIP phone system, Zendesk, and other support programs.
- The ideal candidate will possess the skills to not just address the service issues we see today, but also be forward thinking and proactively look at how we can adapt our service practices to best position YourMechanic for further business growth.
- Minimum of 8 years experience managing a phone based service team.
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and oral), and interpersonal skills.
- Skill in focusing on desired results, determining what is important and urgent, and clarifying next steps to meet goals.
- Relationship management skills both in-person and over the phone.
- Positive attitude and passion for success.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Strong understanding of online tools and typical business software, VOIP experience is a plus.
- Multi-lingual skills a plus.
- Automotive knowledge a plus
We offer competitive pay / equity / benefits and other perks. Beyond that, we offer an opportunity to build something meaningful. Your work will redefine a massive industry ($150B a year), which is begging for disruption. You will empower thousands of mechanics to live a better life. We’re growing fast and offering the opportunity to build something that really matters and leave a legacy.