Master Mechanic Advisors are hands-on leaders, responsible for ensuring YourMechanic recruits, on-boards, and maintains high quality technician partners. Join an exciting team empowered to make decisions that define the quality of technicians and experiences for the technician partners and customers. This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned mechanic to utilize their automotive knowledge and background outside of a shop setting. Directly impact the growth trajectory of YourMechanic in all markets across the U.S.
Ideal candidates possess an entrepreneurial spirit with strong drive to make a positive impact. Successful Mechanic Advisors have the skills to identify opportunities for technician recruiting and system improvement, and the leadership and drive to implement solutions. They are team-oriented individuals with the empathy and communications skills necessary to build strong communities of technicians, and work cooperatively with teams across the YourMechanic organization.
- Handle escalated calls and process customer warranty claims - you will have to make judgement calls that best serve both the customer and the business
- Evaluate candidates applying to work with YourMechanic as mobile technicians
- Assess ongoing performance of the current mechanic team
- Act as the lead tech to support our team of mobile mechanics - you will aid in troubleshooting complex diagnostics, give advice on handling customer service issues and overall support the day-to-day needs of the mechanic team
- Master Level Automotive Technician specializing in European makes and models
- 10-15 years experience working as a Master Mechanic in a dealership or independent shop
- Experience working as a Service Advisor providing customer support and handling warranty claims
- Experience leading interviews with technicians to assess skill level, experience, qualifications and overall fit
- Ability to take ownership of work and multitask in a fast-past environment
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills is a must - both for tricky drivability diagnostic issues and for supporting a team of mobile mechanics out in the field facing unforeseen issues
- Sound judgment and the ability to make concise decisions
- Positive can-do attitude
- Is a team player and understands that there is no room for egos